Colorado Gives Day 2021
Grand County Pet Pals invites Coloradans to support responsible pet ownership, animal health, and the spay/neuter of all pets in Grand County by donating on or before Colorado Gives Day, December 7, 2021.
Community First Foundation and FirstBank present Colorado Gives Day, an annual statewide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy through online giving. The event is powered by ColoradoGives.org, a year-round, online giving platform. Donors can easily make a safe and secure donation by clicking here.
“Colorado Gives Day is one of our most important fundraisers of the year. Donations help us to do more to support the community and ensure the spay/neuter of all pets in Grand County,” says Board President Jennifer Gelbhaus. “Our goal is to raise $15,000 this year, which is a big part of our annual operating budget. We also want to get a share of the $1 Million Incentive Fund.”
- Did you know that we train the dogs at the shelter to make them more adoptable and increase their chances of finding a forever home? Shelter training expenses are estimated at over $10,000/year. A donation of $100 can help support training of shelter animals.
- A donation of $150 will cover 1/10 of wellness and grooming expenses for dogs and cats in the shelter.
- A donation of $150 allows Pet Pals to provide one spay/neuter voucher to local pet owners in need.
- A generous donation of $500 covers 1/2 of Pet Pals vaccination expenses for the year.
- Maintenance of the Bark Park in Granby is estimated at $5,6,34/year. Any amount will help to continue the services of the Bark Park!
- Medical care for shelter animals is estimated at $4,310/year. Any size donation will help us provide needed medical care for dogs, cats, and small mammals.
- Help us paint our floors! This was last done 10 years ago, and we need a sealed floor surface to maintain sanitary conditions for the animals. This total expense is estimated at $7,500.
$1 Million+ Incentive Fund
This year’s $1 Million+ Incentive Fund is made possible by Community First Foundation, FirstBank, and other community members. It increases the donation proportionally and is one of the largest in the country!
Here’s how it works: If a nonprofit organization receives 10% of the total money raised on Colorado Gives Day, that same nonprofit receives 10% of the $1 Million Incentive Fund.
Example: Individual Nonprofit’s Amount Raised ($10,000) divided by the Total Amount Raised on Gives Day ($10,000,000) x the Total Amount in Incentive Fund ($1,000,000) = Individual Nonprofit’s Share of Incentive Fund ($1,000*).